ARHN Regional Community Health Assessment Reports
A regional group, facilitated by the Adirondack Rural Health Network (ARHN) has provided the forum for area hospitals, local health departments and community-based organizations to conduct a comprehensive health assessment and take part in a regional planning process to address the New York State Department of Health Commissioner’s public health priorities identified in the Prevention Agenda toward the Healthiest State.
The regional effort creates a synergy that allows all of the members to move towards common goals in a way that is both efficient and effective. ARHN provides a much needed forum for the various community partners to share resources and to collaborate on the development of a comprehensive collection and analysis of data regarding the health issues and needs in Essex, Fulton, Hamilton, Saratoga, Warren and Washington counties.
ARHN CHA Update, August 2011
Since publication of the 2009 CHA report, the ARHN region has seen many new initiatives and programs aimed at improving the health of communities by increasing physical activity and nutrition as well as improving access to quality health care. Community gardens are growing, more towns are adopting complete streets policies, health care organizations are continuing their diligent efforts to provide quality health care to all, and work continues to foster the homegrown pipeline that has developed to plan for the future health care workforce in the ARHN region.
Read the 2011 CHA Update Report to learn more about how public health departments, hospitals, not-for-profit groups, local governments, churches, schools, and concerned community members are working together for the betterment of our communities.
ARHN Regional CHA Report, 2009Building a Healthy Community: Health Assessment and Community Service Plan 2009
County CHA Reports, 2009
- Essex County Public Health
- Fulton County Public Health
- Hamilton County Public Health Nursing Service
- Saratoga County Public Health Nursing Service
- Warren County Public Health
- Washington County Public Health
Hospital Community Service Plans, 2009
- Adirondack Medical Center
- Elizabethtown Community Hospital
- Glens Falls Hospital
- Moses-Ludington Hospital
- Nathan Littauer Hospital and Nursing Home
- Saratoga Hospital
Posted below are the prior set of ARHN CHA documents, prepared in 2004.
2004 CHA Assessment
- 2004 ARHN CHA Report
- 2004 CHA Executive Summary
- 2004 Appendices:
- ARHN 2004-2007 Telephone Survey Data
- Community Health Indicators
- Community Health Roundtable Summary
- Most Significant Health Indicators
- Priority Issues Ranked by Professionals
- Summary of Four Priority Issue Analyses
- Online Directory: Contact Information Form
- Online Directory: Health Service Information Form